I am taking part in the #52LittleThings challenge with AXA PPP healthcare to make small changes in my lifestyle, one week at a time to become a healthier and happier person.
This week it’s all about treating your feet!
OK so not being the biggest fan of feet when I read a little while ago I did in fact cringe … I am not a foot person, nor belly button person come to that, but that’s a whole other story.
I have to say I have been a very neglectful person towards me feet … most of the time it has been due to my weight and being unable to see them .. however I confirm that although I am still not a slim Jim I am aware I do need to treat my feet …. why?
- Feet and ankles are very complicated bits of the body with 26 bones, 33 joints and well over 100 bits of muscle, ligaments and tendons!
- Simple things like taking a step means that your toes will take half your bodyweight with each little step .. amounting to hundred of tons throughout the day! ( I am now cringing for my poor toes!!)
- Badly aligned feet bones can mean that more bones are out of line in other parts of the body
- Feet have 250,000 sweat glands per square inch and average pair of feet give off about 1/2 pint of sweat per day …yuk!
- Wearing a 2½-inch high heel will increase the pressure on the forefoot by 75%
On my agenda is some serious swatting up on what to do to take care of my feet, some of the things I have planned for over the next week are:
Foot exercises, these will help with my already poor circulation!
I have invested in some well-fitting shoes and boots and have finally thrown out my high heels in favour of stylish yet comfortable shoes!! … thank goodness Hotter Shoes!!
I am also planning in some foot pampering with some massaging (I wonder if Ollie would oblige?) and some new moisturising lotions …
Its a small step (did you see what I did there?!) but one I would love to keep stepping up (sorry couldn’t help myself!)
So do you treat your feet already?
Disclaimer: This post was written in collaboration with AXA PPP healthcare’s #52LittleThings and I have been compensated for writing. However all words and thoughts were developed and written by members of The Oliver’s Madhouse