To be honest it’s not been my favourite milestone to be fair .. in fact bedtime routines have been my biggest worry from birth and if thats how I feel it must be utterly terrifying for a tot.
When I first became a Mum 14 years ago I was rigid with routine to the point of painful, but that still did not guarantee dry nights even if they were full of sleep!
With Joshua 10 years later we seemed to have the bedtime routine cracked .. that was until Joshua saw Ollie’s weakness and after a couple of really bad nights of disturbed sleep and Daddy then giving in to sleeping on his bedroom floor it soon saw the routine sail on by and upset, anxiety and even the odd bout of wetness ensued.
With baby number 3, which is a much wanted prospect it does worry me about the whole dry/wet at night issue .. as what will help us during this milestone?
Below are some of DryNites Top Tips to keep bedtimes calm:
- “Bedtime routines work best if you reserve the hour before bedtime for quiet play. This will help lower a child’s activity level and prepare their nervous system for relaxation
- Parents should give their child advance notice that it is nearly bedtime and encourage them to enjoy bedtime with questions such as ‘what story would you like to read’ or ‘what bath toy would you like to play with’
- After their bath read a story to your child which will help them relax and offer them comfort before bedtime. It is also a great way to incentivise them throughout the day about what story they would like to read
- Many children are afraid of the dark, so ensure there is easy access and lighting to the toilet at night
- Encourage a good level of fluid intake throughout the day but try to avoid sugary and fizzy drinks, especially towards bedtime as caffeine and sugar can affect the production of urine”
So for me, supporting a brand that offers advice and support to those that care for little ones will have my backing and that is why I am supporting DryNites and becoming a Brand Ambassador for them.
Lets support each other in these more tricky milestones and celebrate that our children are growing up but most of all lets empower our children and build confidence and that for me is where DryNites comes into play ….
The DryNites Confident Kids 24/7 campaign aims to provide parents with helpful tools and advice to boost their child’s confidence and overcome challenges such as bedwetting and the discreet, age appropriate DryNites pyjama pants should help them feel as grown-up at night as they do during the day!
Over the coming weeks and months I am really excited to be sharing and being part of an Ambassador role that aims to inspire confidence in young children.
Last month I was unable to attend a really fantastic crafting event with DryNites to make a super funky pyjama bag but Joshua and I will be having ago at making it next week so watch this space!
Disclaimer: This is a collaborative post