So after receiving my Diet Chef order last week in the hopes that it will educate me into better thinking and better understanding of what I am eating, the big question that has been banded around by some of my followers has been how is Diet Chef? Am I delirious or disappointed?
However firstly let me fill you in on what I have been eating:
- Breakfast: Treacle & Pecan Granola (Semi-Skimmed Milk)
- Lunch: Chunky Vegetable Soup (1 slice of brown toast -No butter)
- Tea: Chicken Chasseur (Mixed veg)
- Snack: Paprika Flavour Bites
- Breakfast: Luxury Muesli (Semi-Skimmed milk & low fat yoghurt)
- Lunch: Lental & Vegetable Soup
- Tea: Beef Gulash (Mixed Veg)
- Snack: Tomato Salsa Flavour Bakes
- Breakfast: Fruit & Oat Soft Cookie
- Lunch: Tuna & Rice Salad
- Tea: Italian Bolognese (pasta)
- Snack: Salted Popcorn
- Breakfast: Muesli With Bran (Semi-Skimmed Milk)
- Lunch: Protein Bar (Banana & low fat yoghurt)
- Tea: Mushroom Stroganoff (Pasta)
- Snack: Cheese Oat Bites (raw carrot)
- Breakfast: Chocolate Soft Cookie (Banana)
- Lunch: Thai Chicken Soup ( A slice of toast, no butter)
- Tea: Chicken Tikka Masala (Rice & Spinach)
- Snack: Oat Bar With Blackcurrent & Raspberry
- Breakfast: Pink Apple & Cinnamen Granola (Semi-Skimmed Milk)
- Lunch – N/A (forgot)
- Tea – Salmon in Sorrel Sauce (Leeks & Broccoli)
- Snack: Salted Popcorn
- Breakfast: Original Granola (semi-skimmed milk & low fat yoghurt)
- Lunch: Tomato Soup (a slice of toast, no butter)
- Tea: Cottage Pie (peas, leeks & carrot’s)
- Snack: Onion Oat Bites
Right now for the nitty gritty of how I felt on the 1st week of Diet Chef:
Days 1-3 I was in fact hungry it was almost a constant feeling. Now what I haven’t quite worked out is, was this a physiological thing going off in my head that thought ‘I am dieting therefore I am starving?’
What I can tell you is days 4-7 have been great, there have been no massive hunger pangs that have lead me reaching for the biscuits and crisps, in fact I have felt pretty great in myself!
For the first time in my life I have even admitted defeat and have been weighing all my extras such as pasta, rice and veg and if I am to lay my cards on the table here I have been shocked .. shocked at the appropriate portion size and what they should be! I have for a very long time been eating way way too much!
A little bit about how Diet Chef works:
Now how this diet system works is you are allocated a breakfast, lunch, tea and snack. Then there are ‘extra’ calories that you must include things like your milk in cereal (or tea), pasta, rice and vegetables.
What I very clearly from the start began to realise is that in fact instead of using empty calories I wanted to make sure that I was making the most of the extras in a really positive way. I think this may of motivated me to eat far more vegetables than perhaps once I would (more veg for your calories!)
This week I have been reasonably active with Hockey training on Wednesday and a Hockey match on Saturday (although I didn’t play the whole match) I have even managed a quick 20 minute spin on my new bike.
So I know you are all waiting with baited breath for the results for this week
[dropshadowbox align=”center” effect=”lifted-both” width=”100px” height=”” background_color=”#a5fa6d” border_width=”1″ border_color=”#ef6008″ ]7.4lbs LOSS !!! [/dropshadowbox]
Yep I am so ecstatic right now I could cry! I am missing cheese massively but in all honesty stuff the mould if it means I maybe able to crack this weight loss…. Although I am not sure I will be saying it on week 2 (we will see!)
I am setting myself several targets for next week, the first is to experiment more with the vegetables on offer. Secondly I want to remain on the same track with my exercise.
Week 2 here I come Diet Chef ready or not! ……..
Disclaimer: I have been given 28 days worth of Diet Chef for free for the purposes of reviewing, however all opinions were independently formed by members of The Oliver’s Madhouse.