Over this last few months my brain has been whirring and I have been feeling restless.
Those of you that know me will know this is what I do, after periods of time non learning I get the itch to better myself and end up back at college. This particular restlessness started when my daughter was about a year old when I returned to college to complete several courses at once and finally get my butt moving on some sort of career.
When I left school after my GCSE’s I wanted to work with children and went off to college to gain an NNEB in childcare. After completing I went off to work in a private day nursery and within 6 months I hated the job, I hated working with children and I hated the staff … rapid departure …
After my complete turnaround I found myself in some very random jobs, bingo calling, cellophane packer of Christmas gifts and packing razor blades to name but a few ..
I then found myself pregnant with my daughter and was still unaware of where my life was going. After finding myself single when Beth was 6 months old I had to take stock and knew I needed to get something better for Beth and myself. So I completed the following:
- OCR Clait
- OCR Initial Text Processing
- OCR Intermediate Text Processing (level 2)
- OCR Intermediate Word Processing (level 2)
- OCR Intermediate Audio Transcription (level 2)
- OCR Intermediate Mail Merge (level 2)
- OCR Intermediate Business Presentation (level 2)
- OCR Clait Plus – Presentation Graphics
- OCR Advanced Document Presentation (level 3)
- OCR Advanced Text Processing (level 3)
- ILEX Advanced Legal Word Processing (level 3)
- ILEX Advanced Communication Skills
- ILEX Advanced Legal Administration
- ILEX Legal Secretaries Diploma
Yay, check me out!
Now after settling down working for a local hospital I got the restlessness again in 2010 and went off to do something else..
- ILM Certificate in Team Leading
Then after the initial excitement died once again and the restlessness returned I went back to college 5 months pregnant with Joshua and completed (with only 4 weeks missed after his birth)..
- CIPD – Certificate in Human Resources Practice
Now it won’t surprise any of you now that I have the urge once again to do something so this week I have had my phone interview and been accepted on a course I start in January …
- ILM – Level 3 Leadership & Management (all 3 parts)
Who knows why I feel the itch but the longer I stay away from the external work place the more world domination is likely.