Weaning a baby can be exciting but also a little tiresome and every baby develops at a different rate and with different preferences.
This time round with Jacob he preferred being spoon fed until a little while ago, where as my previous two children loved nothing more than digging in from the word go.
However during the weaning journey this time I realised it can be very repetitive and finger food ideas can be a little tricky while you are caught on the hop with your hungry small human so here are my top finger food ideas while weaning your baby.
- Cooked slices of carrot, broccoli and potatoes – if you don’t have fresh use frozen, that way you can keep some in the freezer and always have it when you need it.
- Pieces of cheese, be careful of over processed cheese as they can be high in salt
- Strips of buttered toast
- Unsalted bread sticks
- Chunks of apple, peach or pear
- Slices of avocado or cucumber
- Strips of pancake or omelette (or even well cooked scrambled eggs)
- Mini sandwiches with cream cheese or banana
- Cooked pasta shapes
- Rice cakes
- Sweet potatoes fries
Small amounts are best to start with as baby will try to eat them all, and very often will try to eat them all at once if they are anything like Jacob!
You should always try to limit the amount of sauces and things with hidden sugars and high salt content in like ketchup and ready-made meals, a taste is fine but not full meals
What weaning fingers foods did your little one try?