Having been on a weight loss journey since 2012, I had become stressed, frustrated and frazzled and if I was honest with myself I was struggling to get my head round what was workable on the diet food front.
When I was given the opportunity to trial Diet Chef, I was excited for several reasons, the first being able to confirm or dispel the ‘does it work/doesn’t it work’? questions that hang over any kind of weight loss programme. After a recent weight gain after my original loss when I started the 28 days of Diet Chef I really was looking forward to the changes.
Week 2 of the trial was a real eye opener for me, after fixating all this time on the lbs and ozs I found that actually even with the smallest weight loss I could still loose inches and to top it off, a day off from Diet Chef did not mean utter failure!
Always having been a massive Carb muncher by week 3 I had not really missed the carbs but I was also finding that being able to plan my meals for the whole day was beneficial so I was not making the wrong choices in the midst of being hungry.
The last week of my Diet Chef trial was the hardest, first and foremost due to the fact I was feeling very anxious about coming off the programme and returning to ‘normal food’ and being able to monitor my own calories, but also because eating on my own was not as much fun as eating with the family.
My Personal Loves Of Diet Chef:
- Being able to plan every meal for the day, stopping me from making the wrong choices while being hungry
- I loved the fact that having a day off the programme did not necessarily mean defeat for the week!
- Fantastic range of tea meals and breakfasts
- Flexibility of being able to add foods (fruits, veg and dairy) that you like making it really customisable to you
- Easy cook food
- Helped build a better knowledge of portion sizing and calories
- Returnable meals and swap-able if you had any you didn’t like!
My Personal Negatives Of Diet Chef:
- I found the lunch time meals very restricted in that it was soup in every flavour I had ever come across and a couple of different pre packed pasta salad version but that was pretty much all. I would be great to see the range expanded for that meal.
- Although not a massive negative for me it has been mentioned by others that the price is too steep. Now where I sit on this is that since we found money each week for food shopping, a couple of meals out and I limited drinking as this effects weight loss, I though the price was more than competitive, especially since it worked so so well!
So for those that didn’t see how I got on, I am very pleased to say for me Diet Chef was an utterly amazing success and with results like the ones I achieved, without a shadow of a doubt I would recommend it hands down!!
It really is simple follow the rules and it works!
Disclaimer: I have been given 28 days worth of Diet Chef for free for the purposes of reviewing, however all opinions were independently formed by members of The Oliver’s Madhouse.