I was recently asked if I would like to review Footner’s Exfoliating Socks and for a split second I panicked, panicked because that would mean getting my embarrassingly dry, cracked, callused feet out for the public. However this being something I do suffer with I decided that I would unleash the ugly feet and try this out!
Those of you with a phobia of feet may need to be wary as there are photos!
So after years of costly pedicures, filing, moisturising and almost daily maintenance I was looking forward to finding out how easy this would be or more to the point how long the effects last.
One single 60 minutes application will significantly remove Callus and improve the appearance of Cracked Heels
- Using scissors, cut the plastic sock along the indicated line
- Slip the plastic Footner Exfoliating Socks over your feet and use the adhesive strap (sticker near the front of the sock) to close the top of the Footner Exfoliating Sock. Slip your own socks over the Footner Exfoliating Socks for a comfortable fit
- The Footner Exfoliating Socks should be worn for 60 minutes for the product to work effectively. We recommend to set timer/alarm to ensure correct use
- After 60 minutes remove the socks and wash your feet with warm water to remove the remaining gel
- 5 – 10 days after application the hardened and dead skin will begin to peel from your feet. The peeling effect can last roughly 2 weeks. Do not forcefully remove skin when peeling process starts as it may damage the underlying skin
Right now after following the directions above (which are the same as the instructions in the box) I had an issue. My issue was that the liquid in the footner sock was seeping into my normal socks, for a clean freak this was not great!
So being the anally retentive bugger that I am I found a solution! – Sellotape – I wrapped it round the top of the Footner Exfoliating sock and although towards the end of the 60 it was getting soggy it certainly stopped it seeping over the sides of the sock.
I did love the fact for an hour I got the chance to just chill and relax and even watch some TV!
So after the 60 minutes I removed the socks and washed my feet and felt a little deflated although I knew it took a few days to work I kind of hoped I would see something but of course didn’t.
4 days after the initial application I noticed patches of peeling skin, reminding me of the peeling you get with sunburn, although not painful appeared.
Days 5-6 after application were the major days for me, I would say around 90% of the peeling occurred and it had completely peeled 10 days after initial application (I am told results do vary from person to person)
So time for the pictures to speak for themselves:
I have to say I was completely loving the results, I loved the fact it was so simple to use and what I loved more than that is the fact that nearly 3 weeks after my feet are still almost completely smooth and clear of cracking, dryness and the ugliness! Now with a price tag of between £15 -£20 this makes so much sense in my book as this is was in fact cheaper for me than a standard pedicure so win win!
All in all I love it, the price, the ease and results. It’s been fantastic to find a product that works so well.
Disclaimer: This product was given to us free for the purposes of reviewing, however all opinions were independently formed by members of The Oliver’s Madhouse.