As some of you already know I recently won a competition in which the prize was in fact a holiday at the beautiful Mark Warner San Lucianu Beach Resort in Corsica ….
Did I cry? … yes
Did I believe it? … no
After the initial shock (about 6 days worth) a little bit of dread kept in there, not about the holiday itself but in fact my packing/airport/flying phobias kicked in again! You may of already read about my holiday packing feelings and also about my fear of flying so as ungrateful as it may sound I have felt anxious and wondered if I could face all these fears all over again. So after the last holiday I am taking the bull by the horns, in fact my trusty lists have reappeared and are going to save the day and hopefully me some money:
So after our last holiday I have decided making a list of what you intend to take (and tick it off the list when packed) is the way forward! –
- Unless you traveling for weeks and weeks take the toddler nappies and wipes with you in your main luggage! – although you can order from a boots or the like after you have been through customs you run the risk of buying things you hadn’t budgeted for.
- Don’t forget the swim nappies! – They cost us A LOT more buying from the airport
- Use normal size toiletries, smaller travel size ones for a family of 4 are never going to be enough – One bottle of shampoo, conditioner and shower gel (full size) is never going to be that heavy lets be honest.
- Write a list of things you will need in your hand luggage – Toddler cup, nappies, wipes, travel documents, bibs, pens, books and headphones! and again tick off your list!
- Visit the local £1 shop and spend a few pounds on a toddler travel pack (cars/dolls, books, crayons and colouring books – since they were cheap you wont feel bad if they get ruined, plus since you have them already you wont be tempted to pay through the nose at the airport!)
- Factor in your budget to get something to eat – Children are not going to fly well and quietly if they are hungry.
- Try to stick to your child’s routine as much as possible – Not realistic 100% but do try to keep meals and naps as similar as possible.
- Buy Sun tan lotion at home! – you are going to get through A LOT with 2 adults and 2 children. (the holiday before last we didn’t take enough and paid 3 times what we could of got it for if we had ordered on the internet at home ..be warned)
So with lists underway I have found some interesting tips on Airport Money Saving Tips site but I wondered, does anyone else have any great ideas to keep me from entering the Airport shops and spending our very delicate budget on over priced items, please do shout up and help me out!
Disclosure: This post is brought to you In association with Purple Parking. However, all views expressed are my own and all words were written by me.