A few years back I started making lists of the adventures I would love to take in the coming year. For this years list I stuck to the top 20 things we wanted to do and obviously that were achievable for us, so nothing too majorly expensive and this year was all about trying to save money for us.
This year has been such an epic year for us, we have had some amazing trips and adventures but unfortunately we didn’t complete everything on our list but I am super proud at what we did manage to squeeze into the year.
- Den Building – Not Completed
- Strawberry Picking – Not Completed
- Visiting A Castle – We had the pleasure of visiting Warwick Castle this year and we even got to stay in one of their medieval glamping tents which was amazing!
This trip was such a fantastic time for us and I felt we really relaxed and spent quality time together, exploring the castle and we got time to chill out at the glamping tent.
- Having A Water Fight – Not Completed
- Visiting Thomas Land – We got to visit Thomas Land this year before the kids went back to school in the summer. This year Jacob was old enough to understand and immensely enjoyed the rides, which was great to see.
- Garden Picnic – Not Completed
- Visit Blackpool – I am thrilled to say that in April this year we got to visit Balckpool for Joshua’s birthday.
We stayed for the weekend and even though it was raining and cold we took the rough with the smooth and spent some time in Coral Island amusements during the major rain and then on drying up we headed to the beach.
- Rockpooling – Not Completed
- Camping – Yay to this one, we actually fitted in 2 camping trips this year. We would have liked to do more but to be honest Ollie’s daft working rota makes weekends had for him to have time off.
The first trip was with my best friends and my godchildren to Riddings Wood In Derbyshire which was the most fantastic trip. The weather was amazing the 4 kids loved the free play and it was a joy to watch them play together. Our second trip of the year was to Calow Top In Derbyshire and the first day brought a ripped toenail for Jacob after falling and then a whole night and day of rain. After doing a bunk to the local soft play we waited out the rain and then got to visit Dovedale Stepping stones which is something Ollie had been wanting to do for years.
- Building Sandcastles – October half terms is always a school holiday we like to get some time away at the beach and this year was no different as we managed to bag a last minute break at Cayton Bay on the Yorkshire Coast.
After getting our tide times wrong we made our way to Filey beach and watched Joshua and Jacob build sandcastles for hours.
- Visit York – We finally got some time at the back end of October to escape the kids and have an adult weekend and we used it to head to York for a couple of days and a night.
We planned so much that weekend with trips here there and everywhere on the cards, however I came down with something nasty a couple of days before and decided to plough on regardless. It wasn’t a pretty sight as I slept almost the entire afternoon and night, sleeping through teatime and missing out on so much. However we did squeeze in the most delicious meal before taking to my sick bed.
- Flying Kites – Not Completed
- Visit Dovedale – We managed to take this trip while camping this year.
- Visit Wales – Not Completed
- Pumpkin Picking – This was ticked off our list on the way home for our October break. We took both kids to our favourite pumpkin picking location, Maxey’s Farm Shop who have a massive field every year.
- Play Mini Golf – Earlier in the year we knew that Joshua was craving our attention so Ollie and I took him into town for some one on one with him and had some lunch and even went to crazy golf in Nottingham. Taking time out with each of the boys is super important so we will be doing more of this in 2019.
- Visit Crich Tramway Museum – Not Completed
- Stay in Matlock to view the illuminations – Not Completed
- Feed The Ducks – We ticked this off the list while at Warwick Castle as there was a family of ducks that liked to pop by and say Hi!
- Visit Yorkshire Wildlife Park – This one was done with style back in September. We had the most epic day and Joshua and Jacob
Did you mange to do some fun things in 2018?
Maybe you are making lots of plans in 2019? I know we have a big list of things that next year we want to do so watch this space!