Now as most of you already know I am not the most technical in the kitchen and I have been known to become quite set in my ways regarding our menus also not helped with hubby’s intermittent pickiness. So when I visited some friends last week and they very kindly offered me tea I jumped at the chance.
Now apparently Simon’s mum regularly cooks plaits and the one that was cooked for me last week consisted of bacon onion and cheese although you could add chicken too. It was so so delicious.
It got me thinking … maybe I could slightly adapt it to have a filling Ollie would eat
So the first thing that sprang to mind was chicken fajitas …. this is by far one of his favourites so why not add it into a plait or even a pie?
So here is how I did it:
- Fry 2 chicken breasts in a wok
- After a few minutes add in fajita seasoning (of a brand of your choice)
- After chicken is thoroughly cooked add in a red and green pepper (you could add more)
- Then add in enough passata to make some juice (not buckets full) I used just under half a carton approx (250g)
- Roll out puff pastry on a floured surface I used ready done puff pastry
- Then lay onto a pre greased tray
- Add the filling to the centre of the pastry (this must be cooled first)
- Then plait the pastry
Now lets all be honest my plating quite obviously is not very good in fact If I am being totally honest it is down right appalling! but what it didn’t have in looks it made up for in taste. I think this will now be one of our favourite! …… as least I now know what I am doing even if I need to practice plating!
Disclaimer: This is my entry in to the Co-operative electrical competition